Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wise Proverb; Rule #6

WISE PROVERB
"I know that you believe you understand what I think I said, but, I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

RULE #6
I just graduated from the Leadership Mountain View (LMV) class of 2006. Starting in October and ending in June, LMV is an intensive community leadership development program tailored specifically for Mountain View to develop effective community leaders. As your humble executive director, I felt it might help forge some connections in the community for QUADRE. It did that and much more.

The May gathering revolved around the leadership theme of 'Creativity' with the community theme of 'Recreation, Arts, and Entertainment.' As part of that day we saw a video of the Boston Philharmonic conductor Ben Zander in a film he produced titled, "The Art of Possibility." There were a lot of wonderful nuggets from the movie, but the one that got all of us talking was Rule #6.

First rule of leadership..... remember rule #6!
(Don't take yourself or your life too seriously. Speaking of which, there are no rules #1, 2, 3, 4 or 5!)

No comments: